Thread: GDPR & theDIBB
View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

I've been idly musing about the fact that the rules now appear to include photos of yourself within the category of "personal information" that EU citizens can request to have purged.

First, this would appear to be in direct conflict with British copyright law which states that it is the PHOTOGRAPHER, not the subject, who holds the rights to any image.

Second, think of all the people in the background in any holiday pictures, trip reports, photopass shots, etc. If one EU citizen who happens to be clearly visible in the background decides that they want all photos of themselves purged from the internet, could this new new law be stupid enough to even try to enforce that? <head explodes>

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List