View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Will look forward to reading along. We go the day after you are home ! Never been before and am panicking about the whole thing at the minute. Especially the weather and not being able to plan for the unknown. ! Never done a cold holiday before. Son and daughter know we are going away but not where so having to get their stuff together too.

I promise a trip report every time we go away but never come up with the goods. Never know I might try to cobble something together.

Will have a look at your restaurants online. Seen a few of them mentioned before,

Enjoy your trip.
Thank you, Smilesonfaces. I think the best idea, weather wise is big coat then a big jumper/hoodie rather than layers. Reason being it's freezing usually in Feb but all the shops etc have the heating blasting out. So rather than taking off lots of layers I prefer to just take off the coat and if still hot the jumper too. NY is so well equipped for snow/bad weather. They put us to shame I first went to NY in 2003 and they had feet of snow, yes feet, something like 3ft, the day before we left. Flight was on time, airport fully operational, roads open, public transport running etc. The only thing was the snow piled high on the sidewalks where it had been shoveled out of the way for pedestrians.
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List