View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds perfect and the food looks amazing!
It was a fab day

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm getting the feeling it was a bit hot today, perhaps you mentioned it once or twice! The museum sounds fascinating.
We totally underestimated the heat - it was crazy. But a fab day

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
What a fabulous museum! It looks such an interesting place to visit!

The mint julep looks delicious - but it seems the hurricane was one to avoid

Dinner seemed to be a good find - such a lot of food (to soak up the hurricane perhaps?
The museum is really excellent. the cocktails and dinner were all lovely ... just maybe needed better pacing !

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
Wow, that looks fab.

We will be New Orleans for 2 nights in March and staying in the same hotel as you did. Even more excited after reading your report.

We are on a motorbike tour and will arrive teatime ish first day and then have a day off and leave early ish the next day. Any tips or hints gratefully received,

Xx
How fab - the hotel is gorgeous and in a great location - enjoy ! its quite an easy city to get round , the problem is deciding what to see , there is so much ! We ate at some great places - the Grapevine Bar across from the hotel was excellent .

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
We failed to make it to the WWII museum but it looks fascinating! One for next time!

Gumbo Shop is so good isn't it?! We loved the food there.

Aaahh, this is making me reminisce about our honeymoon. Bringing back lots of very happy memories. And some not so happy ones about the sweat and a very long walk down Magazine Street
There are a few places we failed to make but hey, reason to go back right . Gumbo shop was delicious and so cheap !

Total fail by me to not realise how long Magazine Street is - it goes on for ever ! And we totally underestimated the heat - it was insane, worse than Los Angeles - but at the same time its a such a glorious city in the sunshine.

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Haha I was looking at the hurricane recipe wondering what juice or mixer was in it...maybe none
New Orleans looks lovely, those balcony’s with plants, gorgeous.
Its so strong - much more than the feeble frozen Walmart one I had It really is a beautiful city - so quirky and so much atmosphere.

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Another fab day, your meal looks amazing
It was, everything was great about today ( except maybe missing breakfast ..)
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List