View Single Post
Old 4 May 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went in October 2015!

2 days wouldn't have been enough for me - I was there for around 4 days. The way the multi day ticket works (if things haven't changed) is that on day one you can go to either DL or DS, the next day you can go to the other park, and then after that you can park hop between the two. And there's lots to see and do there that I don't think I would have been happy with just 2 days. But again, everyone is different, and my friend just went recently and was happy with just one day in one of the parks.

There are 3 Disney hotels (remember hearing something about Disney/Oriental Land Company buying another property but not 100% sure about this - seems like this is the Celebration hotel?) - the Disneyland hotel, Hotel MiraCosta, and the Ambassador hotel. The Disneyland hotel is right outside of DL, and Hotel MiraCosta seems to be right at the entrance of DS (something like the Grand Californian at Disneyland or the Disneyland hotel at Disneyland Paris). I remember seeing that they book out pretty early once they get released, as they're quite popular. Probably best to check the Disneyland Tokyo website to get an idea of prices.

In addition to the official Disney hotels there are also a number of partner hotels, such as the Hilton Tokyo Bay and Sheraton Tokyo Bay. These are far cheaper than the official Disney hotels, but are very close by on the Disneyland monorail loop. I stayed at the Sheraton that time and it was a great hotel and really easy to get to/from DL and DS.

No Magic Bands (WDW is the only Disney resort with them). There is FP, but when I went it was only paper FP and this can run out quick for certain rides.

Weather in October when I went was beautiful - just needed a light cardigan most days, never too hot and never too cold. We also lucked out and got pretty much perfect blue skies most of the trip.

One more thing - please look at a crowd calendar when booking dates, apparently DL Tokyo can get really crowded at certain times of the year such as Japanese holidays. It also tends to be far more crowded at weekends than weekdays, since a large number of its visitors are locals who will go at weekends.

Anyway, DL Tokyo is great, and I would love to go back there!