View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 12, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Due to our early start we managed all the rides we wanted to do by 11am. We decided to do the jungle trek and check out the shops to kill time until our lunch ADR at Yak & Yeti. Our res was for 1 pm but we were starting to get hungry around 12 so we headed to Y&Y to see if they'd take us early which they did.
We both ordered the fruit punch which was a bit too cherry. For entree Marie had the Crispy Honey Chicken with jasmine rice and I had the Baby Back Ribs which came with hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice and sweet chilli slaw. The honey chicken was too sweet and it didn't take long to get sick of it, the punch didn't help. The ribs came with chicken fried rice which was just ok but the "slaw" was nice. The ribs were nice with plenty of meat that fell away from the bone. I'd have liked more hoisin and less BBQ but again my dodgy tummy meant I couldn't really give it a fair judgement. The fruit punch didn't help here either as the BBQ sauce was sweet too.
Desserts were the mango pie - lovely but I couldn't finish and the Fried Wontons - skewers of pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle . I had such high hopes for the skewers but they were really disappointing. They tasted like deep fried Philadelphia which I suppose is what they were!

Cherry Punch
Click image for larger version

Name:	florida 2011 069.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	38398

The ribs

Name:	florida 2011 072.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	38399

The honey chicken

Name:	florida 2011 073.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	38400

the fried wontons

Name:	florida 2011 074.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	38401

the mango pie

Name:	florida 2011 075.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	38402

Edited at 07:28 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List