View Single Post
Old 16 May 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lothaerna View Post
Interesting to know peoples takes on it. Mostly we wanted it for the express pass. Plus the universal and Disney hotels are quite expensive for us. So it’s a wee treat while we are there.

To conclude, the one hour early entry is not great because it’s only for a few things and you can’t use your fast pass (I guess that’s cos everyone who is there, has them and has got in an hour early). But the 1hour early is good for volcano bay. We are only staying the one night so I think the express pass is better used in studios and islands.

Thanks for all the info!
The express pass is definitely more valuable than early entry. But I wouldn’t say early entry is not great. The HP attractions are the most popular and it is a good opportunity to get them done whilst it is quiet. In January the Hippogriff queue was usually fifty minutes even with an express pass during regular park hours! You don’t need to use the express pass during the first hour because there are no queues anyway and as you say, majority of people there will have them anyway.

We went for seven days this year and we utilised early morning hours maybe three times, probably would have used it more had IoA been open early but it was only US that week. If I were going for just one night, then I would definitely take advantage of early opening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List