View Single Post
Old 25 May 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RealLifeMermaid
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We had a Ford Edge this time and on previous trips, they are pretty decent Orlando2004 and I’d recommend them.

We ordered an SUV from Avis this time and they “upgraded” us to a Town Car. We needed an SUV for luggage and because my Dad, who was driving, hasn’t driven a saloon car for yonks and drives an SUV and a mini van here in the uk. He kept trying to explain that he didn’t want an upgrade, he needed an SUV but Avis kept insisting he take the upgrade to the town car. They would not give us an SUV despite there being lots in the garage.

In the end we had a scary drive from MCO to our resort with the luggage not all fitting in the boot so us passengers were having to hold cases and bags across our laps. Dad couldn’t get used to driving as low to the ground, especially in the dark and on the opposite side of the road. He usually adjusts very quickly.

The next day he took it to the Avis desk at Embassy Suites Jamaica Court and demanded they change it to an SUV explaining how uncomfortable he felt driving and how he’d paid for an SUV because that was what he was used to and that he shouldn’t have had the upgrade forced on him. He was given the Ford Edge no problem.

We passed loads of SUVs, some of them brand new at MCO. Don’t know what they are playing at!
RealLifeMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List