View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 14, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just back ( kind of ) . Highs and lows

Ok. So we got back on Saturday from our 19 day sojourn to california and surrounds. But here goes

Highs

Grand Canyon - pretty dam amazing for a big hole

Palm Springs aerial tramway - fab ride up and great views and walks at the top

Route 66 - ok, so we didn't do that much of it , and bits were pretty dull, but some stops made you think what it really used to be like

Disney cali adventures - enjoyed this more than the main park - great feel about the place . Got on the RSR 4 times on the trot single rider with virtually no wait one day

Universal Hollywood - great rides , small wait times ,

" collecting" car state plates. - the kids in particular had great fun taking photos of each different state they came across. Think they managed to spot all bar about half a dozen

All the hotels - we spent an average of about £50 per night - I think some on here pay far too much for a room to sleep in, and pretty much all were at least as good as hoped for

Whale watching - only saw one whale but hundreds of dolphins right by the boat

Getting a free extra Disney day after getting stuck on IASW

Loads of other highlights but can't give everything away here

Not so highs

Getting a parking ticket by the Hollywood sign for parking facing the wrong way

General driving on the motorways . Nowhere near as pleasurable as driving over here. Never felt I had confidence in what other drivers were going to do

My body still not telling me to go to sleep at night

Overall a fab trip with some great memories made
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List