View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
That’s exactly the type of thing. So far I’ve mainly shot empty street scenes, but I’d really like to pluck up the courage to ask interesting individuals
I have to be honest - I was waaaaaay out of my comfort zone. And tbh not sure I would do it again.
However, I didn't actually have any bad experience. The worst response I has was a polite "no". But some people were really into it and it was actually fascinating to chat with them.
What we were taught to think about what you will say before speaking. People often respond to flattery. There is obviously something interesting about the person that draws your attention to the. Use that to open. Hair, hat, clothing, piercings etc. People like to be told they are interesting and why.

The guy teaching us was a professional journalist and said the only problems he had ever had was when he was taking photos of people where he hadn't asked and they took it bad.

But it's not for me as I dont find it easy to stop and chat with someone in the street..

Edited at 03:31 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List