View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Oh I didn’t know it was a rebrand, I remember driving past it when it was legends with all its flags outside whenever we left the P&V hotel down the road. I assumed another hotel brand had bought that one and the ones in Belle mare (best hotel I have ever stayed at) and the Le Morne.
Lux* resorts was the result of a rebrand of Naiade Resorts in Dec 2011 apparently this had been planned in October 2010 (sadly it was unfortunate that the Legends murder happened in Feb 2011).

They owned Beau Rivage (Lux* Belle Mare), Les Pavillions (Lux*Le Morne), Legends (Lux* Grand Gaube) along with Tamassa, Melville Beach and Le Recif. The group also owned properties in the Maldives and one on Reunion and still operate in both areas under the Lux* banner.

On one of my trips to Mauritius I had lunch at Legends overlooking the bay and it was very nice indeed and I remember I liked the rooms but thought the resort a liitle far out of Grand Baie at that particular time. As I remember the Paul et Virginie hotel opearted by Veranda Hotels was nearby.

There endeth the Lux* resorts history lesson

Edited at 02:06 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List