View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 16, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Continued

We had the option of a fixed or spinning car and for some reason, I picked spinning. That was silly for someone who suffers with motion sickness… The ride wasn’t too bad, but there were a few moments when there was a hard, fast spin and my head spun along with it. Bleurch. I didn’t fancy any of the other little rides, but couldn’t pass up a go on the frankly ridiculous Heimlich’s Chew-Chew Train It was pretty lame and we queued far longer than it was worth, but oh well! He basically goes round a short track really slowly, burping his way through giant food haha.

Just look how stupid it is!

Bye Heimlich!

Our Radiator Springs Racers FP was opening up soon, so we headed over to Cars Land for a proper look around this time. I had the perfect view of Grizzly Peak as we wandered over, so stopped to take a picture.

Cars Land is AMAZING and the attention to detail is second to none, even by Disney’s standards! Even though I’m not the biggest of Cars fans, I absolutely loved the area and enjoyed wandering around and looking at everything. It was really busy in this area as there were (understandably) lots of families with small children.

We ambled over to RSR, but when we got there it was closed CMs out the front said to keep checking back to see when it would open. Bah. We tried to go on Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters but that was closed too! So we wandered back to the Cozy Cone(s) and picked up a frozen lemonade and sat in the shade. The lemonade was really bloody cold and we both had instant, really bad brainfreeze. Urgh. I got bored sat on the bench, so had a little wander around to take some photos.

Not a cloud in the sky! Such a change from the previous two day’s weather!

Took a picture of these cool cactuses and then noticed…

Hidden Minnie! Well done, nature!

Sad, very much not rollicking roadsters

I had no idea the cars drove around Cars Land! I was so excited to see this big red dude! *Googles* Oh, he’s actually called Red haha!

And Lightning McQueen too! (I know that one haha!)

I went back to join G on the bench and could see that Luigi’s was back up and running. So we headed over and joined the queue. We could hear RSR still wasn’t working, so joined the 30 minute queue for Luigi. I was really excited as I’d been listening to the Disneyland Resort album on Disney Life and was excited to hear Funiculi Funicular was on it. My grandpa’s choir always sang that when I was little, so it makes me smile. So I’d hoped to hear it when we rode. We didn’t, but it was an excellent ride. So clever and super fun to ride and watch when the cars all dance together. It’s some clever technology!

This made me chuckle!

Our little car

Right spot, at the right time!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List