View Single Post
Old 19 May 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

well i thought i'd check back into my pre-trip and put my current thoughts on the situation.

Personally thinking, as we don't go until the end of October, i am pretty comfortable that the holiday will go ahead. USA is very keen to be open and with a certain election happening while we are there, i am sure Mr Trump will want to present an America that is fully operational

My concerns are a bit different. The whole social distance thing may still be in operation and that will effectively rule out Hollywood. I am 100% sure disney will be re opened, but If Disney Shanghai is anything to go by, then it just won't be the same.

I think WB will be OK as the tours can be managed.

My other concern is one i don't usually have. We are independent travellers and as such have used air BnB and Homeaway for the accommodation. We have used both many times and never had an issue, but this time i am worried that the end owners will be out of business. Reading the terms and conditions, they have made it VERY clear that no deposits will be refunded.

To be honest, its not really the money. if we have to book in at a Hotel its not the end of the world but i don't want the hassle. My insurance will probably cover it, but again its the hassle.

for the first time ever, i wished i had booked the Hilton in annaheim. It was only £250 or so more for the 5 days. But we have never been let down before and under normal circumstances i wouldn't even give it a second thought.

But these are far from normal times.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List