View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 17, 04:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 2 - Steak N Shake & Magic Kingdom 25.3.17

Day 2 - Steak n Shake & Magic Kingdom 25.3.17

Walked 11,688 steps (4.8 miles/7.7km)

Spent - $120.66

Thank goodness our bed in the villa is super comfy as I badly needed a good sleep after the two previous nights having next to none. So i woke up at 5am feeling brand new The boys woke up and had breakfast...s'mores pop tarts, pancakes and syrup and sausage and egg biscuits. By 7.30am they couldn't wait any longer and back in the pool they went. They played while we relaxed for the next two hours then we got ready and headed to a favourite of ours for brunch.

We got to Steak 'n Shake around 11am. Milkshakes were ordered. DH and DS1 both had chocolate shake, I had salted caramel pretzel (my fave), DS2 had kids Oreo red velvet and DS3 had kids strawberry.

Meal was $27.30, we left $32. Kids eat free all day every day now. It used to only be at the weekend but it's recently changed. Great food, great value

With full bellies, we set off for Magic Kingdom. $20 parking paid and parked up in Scar 425. We had to redeem our etickets at will call and this took an age. I forgot to bring my magic band so bought a new red one at will call $13.72 inc tax. All sorted, we caught the ferry and it was after 2pm by the time we walked up Main Street. Our 1st fastpass was for the Haunted Mansion for between 2-3pm so rode this first. It's DS3's favourite ride.

The park was absolutely heaving today. We expected it tho being a Saturday but still wanted it to be the first park of the holiday.

We nipped in to Mickey's PhilharMagic before our next FP which was POTC.

As we came out we caught Capt. Jack Sparrows pirate tutorial show. The cast member was really good

It was around 5pm by now and all the walking had made us hungry and the boys were desperate for Turkey Legs! x2 and a coke cost $26.92... compare that to what we got earlier in Steak 'n Shake and you get the reason why I hate buying food in the parks!

Last prebooked FP was 7DMT. This was our first time riding this as it was impossible to get a FP last time we done Disney in 2015. I was a bad mummy here... I never let on to DS3 who hates coasters that it was in fact a coaster. Up until we were strapped in he thought he was just going on a train...lol. He survived and was very brave, played it cool when we came off but then stated he will never go on a roller coaster again!

That was our 3 allowed FPs done now so got another for a favourite of mine The Little Mermaid...I love all the songs on here

It was after 7pm and we were somehow feeling peckish again. We stopped in at Gaston's Tavern for x2 LeFou's brews and a croissant and that cost $15.52. Also bought x2 popcorn tubs from cart outside and this was $8.50.

We were all shattered by this point and thought one more ride then home. On the app we grabbed a FP for the Mad Tea Party.

The sun was just going down as we made our way toward the exit. The castle looked beautiful.

By the time we waited on the monorail and the transportation to parking lot it was getting late and we were feeling the first day tiredness. It had been a busy day and we managed to do a fair bit.

Back at the villa for 9pm-ish and we all crashed out right away.

Mother's Day tomorrow so I get to shop... yay

Edited at 04:12 AM.
lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List