View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

The Incredibles take a vacation - Feb 2020- Day 5 Crystal River (Sana’a)

It was a tough start this morning. Dash was definitely feeling the effects of the preceding days and was not happy about getting up. We were a few minutes behind schedule, but managed to get on the road just after 7 and I knew they could have a sleep in the car. Breakfast was a pain au chocolate that I’d bought from home. Despite missing a turn off, we made it to Crystal River on time.

It was pretty warm this last few days, so our Captain (Irish Dave) wasn’t sure how many manatees we’d see. We got lucky. There can be hundreds around when it’s cold, but there were still 10-15 around even though it was warm enough for them to have left the spring. Mr I was indeed Incredible as he swam with Dash on his back. Violet did fab and was so independent snorkelling off on her own. She was really excited when she saw the manatee around her. It was the most amazing experience as I lay there and a mother and calf swam right towards me. They missed me by an inch and swam underneath. Just magical. I really recommend River ventures and captain Irish Dave, definitely worth doing if you’re over here in the cooler months and it was great to learn about them too.

We got on the road and headed back towards Orlando. Lunch was at a Wendy’s in a service station and was actually really good. Then onwards to our air boat reservation. Again Violet was beaming from ear to ear as we headed out on to the swamp. We saw bald eagles and lots of other birds, turtles, fish and of course plenty of alligators. Violet spotted one that captain a Chris had missed. He was so impressed with her that he promised to name the next female gator after her ( there was a juvenile female awaiting naming). She was obviously made up with this.
Another fabulous day.

Violet’s Gator

We dropped the mustang back at dolphin and managed to get back to the hotel in time for showers. We really felt like swamp people so needed to freshen up before dinner. We had a 7:40 ADR at Sana’a. It was nice to be eating in what felt like a proper restaurant. Mr I got the Braaivleis platter and I went for Mozambique chicken. Violet had butter chicken. DAs just wanted the Mac n cheese side order, but we got him a cheeseburger too. He just wasn’t very hungry and as Violet’s dish was soooo small, she had some of his burger. I tried some too- out of greed that I think not us back later.

The dessert were the star here. I got the candy bar which was delicious. It looked and tasted like a posh mars/bounty hybrid. Mr I got the chakalaka poached pear which was also yummy. Exhausted we headed off to bed. We were sleeping well when I woke with a bad stomach at midnight. Followed by Violet at 2am being sick on the bed. I’m guessing it must’ve been Dash’s burger as that’s the only thing that the two of shared that no one else did. Hoping that it’s short lived.

Edited at 12:34 PM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List