View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
We're all going on a Poly-holiday - October 2019: Day 3: Are you achin' for some bacon?

Day 3: Are you achin' for some bacon?
Tuesday 15 October 2019

Index

Starbucks, Animal Kingdom, Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Flight of Passage, Yak & Yati, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and an evening in the lava pool

We woke around 6am and got dressed and ready pretty quickly with the lure of a starbucks breakfast at AK today spurring us on.

AK had extra magic hours today, opening at 7am instead of 8am.
We had 3 fast passes booked - Kilimanjaro Safaris, Everest and Flight of Passage

We walked from our room to the bus. The sunrise was just gorgeous.

As we walked around the corner, the bus was waiting and fearing it would drive off we started a little jog.

The bus driver and another cast member stood by the bus told us not to worry, it's not going anywhere without you! You're on vacation, relax!

We made it

After a short bus ride we arrived at Animal Kingdom

And walked round to Creature Comforts to join the queue for breakfast.

Does anyone else get anxiety having to join the queue to actually see the menu at Starbucks without fully knowing what you want yet - what if I get there and I don't know? What if i panic and order the wrong thing because I don't want to keep the people behind waiting?

Somehow, after a quick look at the food on show we managed to keep our cool and choose our order

We went outside and found a free table just outside.

We went for a double smoked bacon cheddar and egg sandwich, a sausage, cheddar and egg sandwich, some granola, a latte, 1 chocolate chip frap, 1 iced water and a PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE

It was all delicious and lovely to be sat outside in the sunshine eating.

With full tummies it was time for some adventure.

But not before a few photos! Animal Kingdom is so Instagrammable!

We headed on into the Gorilla Falls Exploration trail, I just love this side of Disney, it's such a different pace to the rest of the park. It's nice to take it easy and learn as you go.

The girls earning some Wilderness Explorer badges.

Hey, Mr Gorilla!

Next, we decided to take the Wildlife Express train to check out the Animation class. We were so excited that they introduced this here - we used to love it at Hollywood Studios!

On the way to the Animation class we stopped for another Wilderness Explorer badge

I spy a hidden Mickey...

We had a look around inside to see some of the animals

And then outside to see the goats in the affection section

Back inside they had some live chickens - the previous class they had learnt how to draw Hei Hei!

Ready for our class!

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate

Edited at 11:23 PM.
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List