View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I think I should also explain how mad it sounds that we're flying to Dublin to visit Sea life.

We live near Birmingham, about 45mins away. Thought we'd make a nice little weekend of it and have a 3 night break in Dublin. That as until I worked how much it would cost flights were way more than I'd anticipated because I wanted to go in May half term. I have 2 big assignments due in the 21st and the kids finish school the 22nd so thought it would be a nice way to celebrate after what will be a stressful few weeks for me. If it was just the flights I probably would have booked it anyway but the hotels were expensive too and then adding food and stuff on top it was starting to get silly.

Not one to give up on a potential trip that easy I had a look at other options and somehow 30 mins later we were going to Majorca

May 22nd we fly Birmingham to Dublin. evening flight as kids are at school until 3. Pick up our hire car and stay at a premier inn 5mins from the airport for the night.

May 23rd we can enjoy a day in Dublin including Sea life then head back to the airport in the evening, drop off the hire car & fly to Majorca.

We've got 5 nights all inclusive in Cala D'or where I stayed last year on a girls holiday. I wanted to take the kids there anyway as I knew they'd like it so it's worked out well.

We fly straight back to Birmingham from Majorca on the Thursday night because it was the cheapest day but the 3 flights, Premier Inn & Majorca all inclusive has cost me less than the original long weekend in Dublin was going to. We did say no holiday this year so we'll just call this a bonus mini break
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List