View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 22, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Day 14: Epcot and a poorly boy

I didn’t sleep well again last night ! 😩 I think for the following reasons: 1) There are 3 doors that get into my room. I’m paranoid someone will come in through one of them. 2) DS16 did come in through one of them at about 1:30 to tell me he didn’t feel great and did I have any painkillers and 3) I needed to be awake before 7 to get our place in the virtual queue for Guardians of the Galaxy.

I woke up properly at about 6:45 and went on MDE to get ready to get in the queue. I was repeatedly refreshing from 6:59 and as soon as it turned to 7 joined the queue and got boarding group 69. How did hundreds of people get 68 boarding groups before me - in the 1 second or less it took me to join the queue - 68 boarding groups! The mind boggles.

Anyway - mission accomplished! I was really excited to ride it and hoped it didn’t break down or anything.

DS16 was still not feeling too well so DS13 and DH headed out to find him some drugs. They came back with Advil, nasal spray and something else that I can’t remember but it lists a thousand ways it might kill you on the back and leaves you wondering whether you’d be better off just putting up with your cold. 😅

We had a breakfast of pancakes, bagels, bacon (for the boys) and scrambled eggs and set off for EPCOT for about 9:30.

DH was desperate to ride the new Ratatouille ride so we headed there first and it was only about 45 minute wait. I’ve seen wait times for this ride get up to 100 minutes so 45 minutes seemed like a good reason to ride it.

We had our photo taken when we left the ride

DS16 is still smiling on the inside.

I checked MDE and our virtual queue time had changed from 14:45 to 12:20 so headed to Guardians. There was still about 45 minutes to wait inside but quite a few interesting videos from the Guardians to watch.

A few photos from the ride queue.

I loved the ride! It’s great fun! And really smooth. Really hope to get to ride it again. It’s fab.

When we came off, DS16 asked if he could go back to the villa as he really was struggling so DH drove him back. It’s no fun being in a park if you’re not well so think he made the right decision.

Whilst he was gone, DS13 and I had a snack in Sunshine Seasons. I remember this was quite a nice little cafe in 2016 and I got a tasty egg mayonnaise sandwich and fruit pot. Fast forward to 2022 and the food offerings are slim pickings. No sandwiches at all. DS13 got a pepperoni pizza roll and I got a cinnamon bun.

We then queues up for Soarin. I downloaded Avengers pack for Heads Up and the guy next to us in the queue thought it was hilarious that I knew so little. There are things in that pack that I’ve never heard of and I’ve watched all of the marvel films and spin offs. It is a tough pack!

After Soarin, we went on Living with the Land. DS13 chatted away about “stuff” to do with growing vegetables - I can’t remember what he was on about but he seemed quite knowledgable. I remember thinking I was impressed with how much he knew.

We then went on Figment - that’s an odd ride. I’m going to leave it there. It’s just a bit odd.

I do feel that area of EPCOT could do with a revamp. It all feels rather old.

By the time we got off Figment, DH was back talking about horrendous storms and flooding he had to drive through. We had missed it all!

We headed to Test Track and we were the last group to ride it before inclement weather closed it. Felt really lucky that we got on as it does close quite a lot due to the weather.

We spent the remainder of the time looking round the different countries in World Showcase and trying a couple of foods from the Food and Wine festival.

DS13 was lucky enough to visit Japan in 2018 and he loves it so spent a while in the Japan shop. He bought some sweets and a couple of toys.

It was getting quite late by this point and I wanted to get back to check on DS16 so we headed on out. Stopping quickly to get a photo in front of Spaceship Earth.

My hair is crazy by this point! I’m missing my straighteners! 😅

We were home for just after 7pm and spent a couple of hours in the pool before eating a late tea of pasta and garlic bread. DS16 did join us in the pool and does seem a bit brighter so hopefully tomorrow, he’ll be on the mend.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List