View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Day 11 evening.

After getting ready we had a 6.50 booking at Lamplight Lounge.

We got lucky and got sat outside overlooking the Pier and lake.

I had the chicken salad. Mrs YT had salmon BLT. Daughter had pork belly Bao buns and son had grilled chicken. It’s a pretty healthy Californian type menu here and the food was good.

Mango chilli Margarita hit the spot!

With DVC discount and 20% tip it was $134.

I had stacked a Big Thunder and Space Mountain Genie for the evening.

So after dinner we wandered over to Disneyland to do those.

The electrical parade was about to start so we had to go the long way around to Big Thunder. Both of these rides are significantly better than their WDW cousins.

After enjoying Big Thunder we went to Space. We had a Genie but didn’t need it, this was the queue at 9pm when the parade was on!

After another brilliant ride we decided to now go back to Californian Adventure as World of Colour was starting and we thought Cars ($20 individual lightning lane, no way I’ll pay that) May be quiet. And it was up!
As we walked out we saw the electrical parade.

Loads of people sit on the floor between parks to watch the fireworks:

And it worked we had a 20 min queue to ride Cars which was brilliant. Mrs YTs favourite ever ride:

Cars Land is great at night:

We then left the park as World of Colour was starting to close the park.

Overall Disneyland California was brilliant. It restored my faith in Disney being able to offer a decent value quality park product. It was a bit like WDW of yesteryear. 3 full days was about the perfect time for tickets (we stayed 4 nights had 3 day park ticket). We basically did everything we wanted.

Now onto LA…..

Edited at 11:25 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List