View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We had a cruise booked with Cunard on the Queen Mary 2 as a "big number" birthday treat for us both, in April 2022. Sailing to New York and then flight back, I had added 4 nights in NY as an extra add-on with them. We were really excited about it, I paid my £237 deposit last year, and we were happily planning.

Then in July this year I got an email to say our cruise had been cancelled, as they were going to use the ship that year for a round-the-world 3 month long cruise instead, and our deposit could be used as a 125% cruise credit towards something else. As the new cruise was £12k EACH, I declined, but boy did I have trouble getting my money back! I had to complete a form online after hunting for it, then waited ……. and waited ….. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I received another email from them saying my deposit refund request wasn't valid as the ship was still sailing! I emailed them back, they apologised and said it had been sent out in error, and promised to refund me within 2 weeks, and I'm still waiting.