View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 16, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Eating the Night Away
First things first: characters. We headed down to the atrium with the intention of meeting Mickey; Isabella was yet to get the main mouse’s autograph. As we’d gotten there early Daisy Duck was still out and about so Isabella met her first. As it was Frozen night there was some Frozen themed stuff going on in the atrium involving children and a maypole.

We watched for a bit while waiting for Mickey to appear. Once Daisy was done Jo joined the queue for Mickey while Isabella and I carried on watching the ‘show’. Eventually the kids, who’d been waiting patiently for about 20 minutes while some CMs did something ‘funny’, got to dance around the maypole. Other kids were invited to join in but Isabella wasn’t in the mood, however she did sing along to whatever the song was (I can’t remember and didn’t make a note of it - bad trip report writer!)

Mickey was out now so we joined Jo in the queue and it was soon Isabella’s turn. She got her autograph and a photo and, as we still had time to kill before dinner, we went off to finish the Frozen scavenger hunt. One of the clues had been replicated from the other day which confused us and we couldn’t find the answer, but we’re convinced that everyone gets the prize whether they got the right answers or not so we weren’t too concerned.

Meeting Daisy

Dunno

Enjoying the maypole show

Meeting Mickey

It was now time for dinner, which coincided with the ship sailing away from Bergen. Our table in Lumiere’s was next to a porthole so we got some great views while we ate. Tonight’s menu was ‘Freezing the Night Away’ and we ordered the following:
  • Me: Elsa’s Coronation Scallops / Portobello Mushroom Consommé / Hans’s Juniper Wild Boar Filet / Oaken Warm Apple Pudding Cake
  • Jo: Duke of Weselton’s Favorites / Oaken’s Red and Yellow Beetroot Salad / Hans’s Juniper Wild Boar Filet / Oaken Warm Apple Pudding Cake
  • Isabella: Mac and Cheese / Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar

Sailing away

Duke of Weselton’s Favorites

Elsa’s Coronation Scallops

Oaken’s Red and Yellow Beetroot Salad

Portobello Mushroom Consommé

Hans’s Juniper Wild Boar Filet

Oaken Warm Apple Pudding Cake

As usual, once dinner was over the girls headed off to the kids club and Jo and I headed back to the room for a glass of wine. It was only about 45 minutes later when we collected Isabella from the club and made our way down to the Walt Disney Theatre for Twice Charmed.

Once again we loved this show, and what we hadn’t realised at the time was that this was a ‘soft’ launch of a new and improved version of the show with some new songs, costumes and scenes. Isabella thoroughly enjoyed it too and sang and clapped along, in between mouthfuls of popcorn of course

Sunset

Excited

Want one?

The show ended and despite the Frozen deck party that was still to come it was obvious Isabella had had enough and wanted to go to sleep. I can’t say I was disappointed about not going to the party, it had been thoroughly underwhelming last year, so we went back to the room, gave Isabella a bath and put her to bed. Jo and I ordered ourselves a late night snack from room service; Pepperoni Pizza for me and a Cheeseburger for Jo - more ‘Eating the Night Away’ than ‘Freezing the Night Away’!

We then went to bed and watched half of 10 Cloverfield Lane on the iPad before eventually going to sleep.

Tomorrow we’re all at sea as we head for home.

TFR

Towel flower?

Day 6

Edited at 06:00 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List