View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 15, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I have a similar set of photos! We hired a car too - it makes for a more relaxed day!

Glad you had a fab day!
Thanks Mel. I know you told me beforehand not to worry about hiring a car - you were right!

Originally Posted by BONZO View Post
What a difference a month or so makes after we did our trip. Nice to see the ice had gone from the falls and the flowers were out. I guess we'll have to go back sometime to complete the falls experience properly. Glad that the Here app worked out for you.
Thanks Bonzo. Yes you can't believe it can warm up so much in just a few weeks. The Here app was such a great tip - our only slight worry was that our phone would die on us! We had to turn it off once we were back on the main road, just so we could find our hotel at the other end. Think we made it with just 2% battery left.

Originally Posted by sameeel View Post
Another awesome day... You're making me really excited for our trip
Thanks for reading. I'm excited to read all about your trip too.

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Brings back some great memories of our visit to the falls - such an amazing place and the falls are stunning.

Our son loved Clifton Hill but being 8 at the time it was right up his street and he still talks about how good it was, erm hello what about the big waterfall down the street? Kids!
This made me laugh. I can see why kids might like it. They probably think Niagara Falls themselves are boring.

Originally Posted by lucylou View Post
Loved your photos. I was glad to read your comments on the drive from Toronto down to Niagara. I am going at the end of July and have already booked a hire car but was worrying about the drive.
Glad to help. Honestly, the drive was fine, especially if you stick to the two main roads and don't go the scenic route on the way home. Well not without a sat nav anyway!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List