Thread: Snobbery
View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 10, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

We have been once to DLP and I did enjoy it, and wouldn't be against going back by DH wasn't so keen. We did get a reasonable price at the time but it was in May, so not peak time.

We flew from Glasgow to Paris CDG and OMG that it a C*** airport - although it didn't really affect us until the day we were leaving. I did like the parks and thought some of the rides were more upto date that their WDW counterparts, but the Disney Magic is missing just a bit. I didn't like the fact that you actually saw the CM's walking into work for their shift from the station or the fact that there was no apparent organisation for character meets - it was a free for all, just little things but it does make a difference!

I wouldn't say I would never go back, but think its probably unlikely for the time being- as Ms Finkelstein said £1400 is a lot for a weekend away and would eat into our budget for our main Florida holiday, it is also a major pain in the **** getting there from Scotland. I wouldn't contemplate getting the train to London and then onto DLP for 3 nights thats way too inconvenient. I don't think you can fly direct to CDG from Glasgow direct now either and Beauvais isn't as handy to get to the park.

If I live in the south of England, I'm sure we would have been a few more times.

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List