View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 15, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Here Now! first WDW family holiday - Day 2 part 2 All Star Sports & Downtown Disney

So we boarded a bus at 3:40pm and headed back to All Star Sports. Picked the car up from the check in car park and drove round to the car park at Surfs Up where we had been allocated room 6120 which was on the ground floor in the centre of the block. The room was clean and tidy if a little small. Fine for a night or 2 but with kids our age we would probably not be comfortable for much longer. The location of the room was perfect as you just cut through reception from the bus stops, round the pool and you reached the room. Ideal.

Since everyone was so tired we agreed a half hr nap/rest for everyone inside then we would go for a swim in the surfs up pool which was just round the corner. Settled down and set the alarm for 5pm. Kids rested but no sleep so when alarm went off we were into swimmies and out the door. Only to find the gorgeous sunshine had gone and the skies were darkening. No matter – still roasting hot, so worth a dip. Round we went and the kids and Kevin got in the pool while I settled on a lounger with my trusty kindle. They must have been in there all of 10 minutes when the lifeguards announced the pool was closing due to the weather, so we all nipped back to the room to shower and head for Downtown Disney.

We left the room at about 6:15 and went to get the bus which this time took around 15 minutes to come. It was really raining now although no thunder or lightning. Reached Downtown Disney and had a wee browse around the shops. Kieran had been banging on about buying a Buzz and a Zurg since he spotted them this morning in MK, so we promised we would look for those after dinner. We had planned to eat at Planet Hollywood as Hannah wanted to see it so we headed there and got seated straight away at 7:15. Apologies that I have no food photos again, but I had teriyaki salmon, Kevin had a massive burger with fries, Hannah had a turkey burger with fries and Kieran had the kids cheese pizza and polished off most of his dads fries. The kids shared a cheesecake for dessert. Food was delicious and polished off nicely. Kevin had a beer and I had a legally blonde cocktail, which was delicious if you have a sweet tooth like me. Bill was $112.80, we had $30 vouchers we got with our tickets from Orlando Attractions so used that and added $20 tip so paid $102.80.

Back outside it had got a bit chilly and was still raining. We were really tired now so strolled round towards the buses and went into World Of Disney on the way to let Kieran find his Buzz and Zurg. Could not find them anywhere which sent Kieran into a huff as we had not let him buy them in MK in the morning as we would have had to lug them around. Just as we were exiting the park with his petted lip tripping him up he spotted another toy shop, and there at the front were the exact 2 toys he was looking for – result! $60 of his precious holiday spends gone and the petted lip disappeared. Boarded the bus and back to the hotel. Settled for the night and we were all asleep in no time.

Tomorrow – Heading for Hollywood Studios and all things Star Wars for Kieran.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List