View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 15, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
“I can’t believe we ate THIS much food” – Food Trip Report Oct 2015 Univ/Disney inc DDP - COMPLETE

Welcome to my 2015 food report. Looking back I cannot believe we ate this much food!

To put you in the picture, we spent 16 nights in Florida this October with the 1st 2 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal and then 14 nights at The Wilderness Lodge at Disney with the free dining plan.
My DW is the photographer and always remembers to take the photos (and there were a lot of them) before we start, so credit to her, as I just like eating it! Also with us was our 10 year old DS who likes his food and given he is classed as an adult on the DDP (which is unbelievable) he did indulge!

I was somewhat sceptical of the DDP beforehand and was also concerned about the volume of food and potential weight gain, flatulence etc….. I was pleasantly surprised however by the variety of food and also the quality. We also found that there was flexibility with the new plan, to swap desserts etc which I will detail in the report.

The best part was visiting lots of different restaurants and resorts on property which in a lot of cases were a first for us. We have previously always stayed off site and enjoyed the different restaurants on offer but I would say we have now been converted, if the free DDP is on offer!
Anyway on with the grub…..

Index
Day 1 - Manchester Airport/Thomas Cook/NYPD pizza
Day 2 – Universal Studios/Bubba Gumps
Day 3 – IOA/Wilderness Lodge/Trails End
Day 4 – MK/Be Our Guest/Raglan Road
Day 5 – AK/Tusker House/Beaches & Cream
Day 6 – Typhoon Lagoon/Roaring Fork/Biergarten
Day 7 – Hollywood Studios/Starring Rolls/Pizza Planet/Garden Grill
Day 8 – Contempo Café/Ohana
Day 9 – Chef de France/MNSSHP at MK/Cosmic Rays
Day 10 – HS/Backlot Express/Writers Stop/Sanaa
Day 11 – Crystal Palace/MK/Via Napoli
Day 12 – Earl of Sandwich/Ghirardellis/MK/Pinochio’s Village Haus
Day 13 – Epcot/Boulangerie Les Halles/Epcot Food & Wine
Day 14 – Roaring Fork/MK/Yachtsman Steakhouse Day 15 – Roaring Fork/Wolfgang Puck’s Express/Columbia Harbour House
Day 16 – Roaring Fork breakfast and lunch/Sunshine Seasons/Sci Fi Diner
Day 17 – BOG breakfast/Roaring Fork/Outback
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019

Edited at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List