Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 8 - Trails End, Caseys Corner, Columbia Harbour House

Today was a rest day and a wee lie in.

Then it was off to Trails End for breakfast at 9.45, which has become a regular. We really like the laid back atmosphere and the service and food are always really good. And it’s a buffet!

After ordering the coffee and mason jars of orange juice it was straight off to attack the buffet.

I paced myself with some lovely yoghurt and granola before starting on the hot food. We did discover that the weekend breakfast is actually a ‘brunch’ and so the buffet was slightly different to past years but still really good. Loads of choice of hot and cold and sweet items.

Suitably stuffed we settled the bill before having a lie down….

We had a chilled afternoon back at AKL and had some time at the pool (about 15 minutes which was enough for us….) We then had a wee snack of some premium bars and frozen lemonade etc using snack credits.

We were doing Happily ever after at MK tonight which posed a dilemna as none of us are particular fans of MK’s quick service options.

DS and FIL to my disgust, decided they wanted foot long hot dogs from Caseys which is far and away my pet hate quick service given the service is always shambolic (and they didn’t disappoint with lines all over the place and clueless staff).

Anyway after sorting them out the rest of us wandered round to the relative calm of Columbia Harbour House.

I had the Anchors Aweigh sandwich which was a nice change and DW and MIL had the fish and chicken combo.

Decent enough…

I then made the schoolboy error of suggesting some ice cream from the Plaza whilst waiting for Happily Ever After as Main Street was now like Wembley Way and Hampden rolled together on cup final day…..3 tubs of double scoops (no photos I'm afraid) were shared around just before it started eaten in true style from the top of a bin whilst trying not to be run over by a stroller.

Pre-entertainment was provided by an American woman trying to keep spaces for her partner and 2 friends and getting ruder as the time ticked by on them returning….

For fans of Happily Ever After some random pics (taken by DW)...
[APP]

Good day all round...
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List