Old 4 Oct 14, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Travel Day

We had booked into the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport to start our holiday off early. We had dinner at the Wetherspoons landside at the airport as we'd tried the restaurant in the hotel a few years ago and found it very expensive.
I had the Highland Burger which was a burger with haggis and whisky sauce and Marie had the Pulled Pork Sandwich. They didn't give me my whisky sauce so it was a bit dry but otherwise ok. It came with onion rings which were awful though. It also came with lettuce and tomato on it which you can see I took off. Doesn't go with haggis. Marie said hers was nice.

The Highland Burger

The Pulled Pork Sandwich

We had bought Krispy Kremes to have for dessert and an extra to have for breakfast before we left the hotel in the morning. No photos of those though as they weren't pretty by the time we got them to the hotel! Tasted good though.

Proper Breakfast on travel day was at the Beardmore. We both had the Scottish breakfast. It was ok. No photos unfortunately.

On the flight we got the usual sour cream pretzels with a drink. PE was great as the staff were constantly coming round with drinks. Dinner was a choice of chicken, beef or a leek pasta. By the time they got to us there was no chicken left. I chose the beef and Marie the pasta. You got a little salad with a mustard dressing, cheese and crackers and an apple cinammon sponge for dessert. The beef was served with mash and cabbage and it was in a tomato sauce. It was really nice and I ate it all. Marie said the pasta was ok but did eat it all. The apple cake was nice and moist. Later they brought us a Fab ice lolly and then just before landing a cheese and tomato finger sandwich (lovely) and a caramel shortcake. Overall I really enjoyed the plane food. No photos.

On arrival at CBR we went straight to OPR for food having been delayed 3 hours. I chose my first disney burger of the holiday! I really like Disney burgers and I did enjoy this but you know what it's like on travel day when you're tired. Marie had the chilli dog. She also enjoyed it. For dessert we chose muffins to have for breakfast the following morning and we got bottles of water plus a drink in our refillable mugs.

Angus Bacon Cheeseburger

Chilli Cheese Hot Dog

Credits used - 2 CS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 002.jpg
Views:	4088
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	57748   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 003.jpg
Views:	4159
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	57749   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 006.jpg
Views:	4116
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	57750   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 007.jpg
Views:	4162
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	57751  

Trip Report Index

Edited at 10:15 AM. Reason: Addition
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List