Old 4 Oct 14, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day Two

Breakfast today was an early ADR, 8.10am, at Crystal Palace. We didn't have any pre breakfast food so it was straight up, dressed and out. We checked in with the Cast Member at the entrance to the park at around 7.35am but they didn't start letting people in until 7.45am. We headed straight for CP as Main St wasn't empty as everyone had gotten in at the same time so had all crowded in Main St. We were second to check in though which meant we got taken to our table fairly early. We were served by Kip who was good but did ignore us for a while when we were ready for our check.
I had a savoury plate and a sweet plate this time rather than piling it all into one! I had breakfast pizza, breakfast potatoes, potato casserole, corn beef hash, bacon, egg, sausage and a lovely bacon and cheese biscuit. It was all really nice and I felt enjoyed this more than Tusker House and more than I had previously enjoyed CP. I think it was probably because I chose some items I wouldn't normally. I then had the breakfast lasagne, puffed french toast and a Danish pastry. They were all nice but I was a bit full by then.

My savoury plate

My "dessert" plate

Mid-morning we wanted a drink so I suggested a LeFou's Brew as we'd never tried it before and we were in the area. I know this gets compared to Butterbeer and I enjoyed both of them. I don't tend to get the frozen Butterbeer so the slush factor made it different enough for me.

LeFou's Brew

Gaston's Tavern Menu

Lunch was our Be Our Guest FP+. We both had the Croque Monsieur and for dessert I had the Masters Cupcake and Marie the Chocolate Cream Puff. We sat in the study(?) which was very dark. I didn't really rate the croque monsieur but Marie really enjoyed it. I hadn't really been blown away by the BOG menu but we really wanted to see inside and thought a CS credit was better to waste than a TS. The masters cupcake was really nice though. Marie didn't enjoy the chocolate cream puff but she feels US chocolate is too bitter.

Croque Monsieur

Our desserts

Later while waiting for the parade (we had FP+ this as we hadn't seen it before) we got a Dole Whip. Marie got pineapple with pineapple and I got a pineapple/vanilla swirl with pineapple juice. Love Dole Whip on a hot day!

Dole Whip

Dinner was one of our favourites, Le Cellier. As I said we're creatures of habit so these pictures will be a bit boring for anyone who's read previous dining reports! We even laughed with our server that we were getting what we always got!
Firstly they bring you bread. This is a major reason for going to Le Cellier - the pretzel breadsticks. It's amazing! They'll bring you just pretzel bread if you want but that's a mistake as there's no way you'd have room for anything else after you'd eaten your way through two or three of those! This is one of the few places that does the Minute Maid Pomegranate Light Lemonade so I got that while I could. For main we both chose the filet mignon with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle sauce. I'd read on the Disney Food Blog that they'd changed the risotto to a pea risotto but obviously this was either temporary or an experiment or something because it was the normal filet on the menu. As usual it was amazing! For dessert all we could manage was the Maple Creme Brûlée. This was much nicer than the Narcoossee's one. Our server was professional and attentive without being overbearing. All in all another win for Le Cellier and it continues to be a must-do for us.

Bread

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon

Maple Creme Brulee

Credits used - Crystal Palace - 2 TS
Le Fous Brew - 2 snacks
Be Our Guest - 2 CS
Dole Whip float - 2 snacks
Le Cellier - 4 TS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4116.jpg
Views:	4058
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	57764   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4121.jpg
Views:	4059
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	57765   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4159.jpg
Views:	4046
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	57766   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4156.jpg
Views:	4053
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	57767   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 043.jpg
Views:	3909
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	57768  

Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 047.jpg
Views:	3976
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	57769   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 054.jpg
Views:	4049
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	57770   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 062.jpg
Views:	4046
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	57771   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 063.jpg
Views:	3984
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	57772   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 064.jpg
Views:	4001
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	57773  

Trip Report Index

Edited at 12:00 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List