Old 4 Oct 14, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day three

Breakfast was our third and final character meal. We had decided late on that we fancied Akershus and after checking the website daily, sometimes several times a day we managed to get one for 8.25am on our first Epcot day. We arrived early and got seated early. They serve the food family style here although there's also a cold buffet. The platters are filled with bacon, sausage, scrambled egg and breakfast potatoes. I love the potatoes! They're done in a creamy cheesey sauce like a potato casserole. The other great thing about Akershus is the hot Norwegian waiters. There was one in particular who seemed to just bring the food but didn't speak. Like they knew he was eye candy! Character interaction here is very good. They seem to sense how much interaction you want and we just got a little bit of chat, a photo then they moved on.

Breakfast platter

No photos of the cold buffet I'm afraid but I think I just got some cheese slices and a couple of pastries.

Lunch was Beaches & Cream which we had planned for last trip but didn't manage. It's just a short walk through the International Gateway in World Showcase but all the way around we were tempted by the smells from the F&W booths! Hopefully on our next Epcot day! At B&C I had another burger. Now that really isn't all I eat but to be fair it was part of the reason I wanted to go so I couldn't not have it! Marie was not keen to have another burger so went with the hotdog instead which you could add toppings to. She chose chilli - that she could eat all day! We also had a milk shake - Marie mint choc chip and I had butter pecan. These were amazing but really filling so we left B&C bursting. She offered us a "to go" cup for our milkshake and if I'd known that earlier I wouldn't have tried to drink so much in the restaurant! Really nice and I would go again.

Beaches & Cream menu

Milkshakes

Angus Beef Burger

Beaches Hot Dog with chilli

It was day three so we were pretty tired and sore by now. Dinner therefore was pizza from the food court. You can get a large pizza for two CS credits plus 2 drinks and 2 desserts. These are seriously huge and would feed 3-4 easily. Considering how small the single pizzas are it doesn't really make sense but great if you're a family of four trying to make best use of your dining plan. It was a nice pizza but we only managed 2 1/2 slices each. We got pastries for dessert to have for breakfast the next day. What we actually had for dessert was Oreo cookies and cream pie. I know it seems greedy buying one of these when we have DDP however we just love this since we first tried it years ago in Denny's! We discovered they sell it in Walmart so buy one every trip!

Large cheese pizza

Oreo cookies and cream pie

I also bought a peanut butter crunch cookie from Karamel Kuche but don't have a photo as it didn't travel well in the heat! I do have a picture of the display in Karamel Kuche though!

Credits used - Akershus - 2 TS
Pizza - 2 CS
Karamel Kuche - 1 snack
Beaches & Cream - paid OOP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 067.jpg
Views:	3230
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	57987   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 082.jpg
Views:	3258
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	57988   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 083.jpg
Views:	3378
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	57989   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 085.jpg
Views:	3339
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	57990   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 086.jpg
Views:	3319
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	57991  

Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 090.jpg
Views:	3292
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	57992   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 091.jpg
Views:	3333
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	57993   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 076.jpg
Views:	3410
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	57994  

Trip Report Index

Edited at 10:24 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List