Old 4 Oct 14, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day six

This was the day we checked in to RPR so off DDP for a couple of days. For breakfast we had some donut holes with plans to grab something in the parks later. We checked in to RPR about 8.30am and our room was ready thank goodness. We avoided Diagon Alley and went straight to Hogsmeade and FJ and by the time we came off we were hungry so went to the Three Broomsticks. We both had the pancake breakfast which ironically would have been nicer without the pancakes. They were ok but a bit soggy even without the maple syrup. The rest was nice though, even the bacon and I normally don't like American bacon.

Pancake breakfast

Lunch was in the Simpsons area as we'd never been before. This area is a bit of a shambles. You have to queue to get to a point where a cm allows you to go ahead to order your food. There are loads of counters serving different food and you have to go to each one individually. They then show you to a table. Marie and I wanted different things so I had to stand and wait on her before I could get a table. I got Chicken Thumbs with Tater Tots which are essentially chicken tenders. These were ok but I'd rather have had fries. Marie had a chilli dog which came with coleslaw on the top too. She said it was ok but the coleslaw didn't go with the chilli. I had a taste of the hot dog and it was disgusting. I'm not really a fan of the food at Universal and this didn't help change my mind.

Chicken Thumbs with Tater Tots

Chilli Hot Dog

We also had the obligatory Butterbeer.

Dinner was Margaritaville. We're not usually in Universal at dinner time so had never eaten at Citywalk before. The theming here is great. The waitress asked we wanted any appetisers and being free from DDP for a night we decided to go for it and get nachos. The size of these was enormous! If we'd seen them first we'd never have ordered them. We barely made a dent before deciding to give up so we'd manage our main courses! Marie really enjoyed these but I thought they were just ok. I had fish tacos for something different. These were pieces of battered fish in a soft tortilla with avocado and some kind of "slaw". They came with rice and black beans. They were nice but didn't blow me away. Marie had fried chicken which she said was ok but the chicken had a "slimy" texture. Marie had a blueberry pomegranate margarita and I had a virgin piņa colada. Overall it was ok but I wouldn't rush back.

Virgin pina colada

Blueberry Pomegranate Margarita

Nachos before

Nachos when we were done!

Fish Tacos

Fried chicken

No dessert as we were too full. On the way back to the hotel we got a minibon each for breakfast and some cinammon balls with frosting dip for later though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 193.jpg
Views:	3373
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	57902   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 258.jpg
Views:	3385
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	57903   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 259.jpg
Views:	3347
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	57904   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 202.jpg
Views:	3362
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	57905   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 273.jpg
Views:	3355
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	57906  

Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 274.jpg
Views:	3371
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	57907   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 275.jpg
Views:	3372
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	57908   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 276.jpg
Views:	3322
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	57909   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone photos 280.jpg
Views:	3370
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	57910  

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:57 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List