View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I've just read an interesting thread on the other place that discussed DVC1 vs DVC2.

It's dated ... 2001. 18 years ago.

There were 6 resorts all with a 2042 expiry. Some quite irate posters claiming 100% that new DVC resorts could not be added with different expiry dates.

What is very clear is the rules will change, like it or not. So this talk of DVC2 is not actually DVC2 at all, it's more like DVC10.
Interesting but in this context I think DVC 1 and DVC 2 refers to the club. They will I suspect (and I still haven't seen the new Buena Vista Trading Co statement which should clarify matters) have to have an entirely different club for DVC2. All the current resorts are in the same club. There's no separation in that club between direct and resale.
So, and I'm guessing a lot of this I admit, if they have a new club they can place any restrictions on it they want. They can then say if someone from DVC 2 trades into DVC 1, to make it equitable, someone from DVC 1 can trade to DVC 2. However, DVC 2 can have in its rules that only DVC 1 members who bought direct only, or are grandfathered, can trade into DVC 2.
If I'm right about this, they must need enough points in DVC 1 to facilitate the DVC 2 transfers in. Not a problem initially as there may be a lot more DVC 1 members booking to stay at Riviera. But what happens when DVC 2 grows, and more DVC 2 members want to trade into all the other resorts than DVC 1 members, after all they may want to try many of the 14. That's an interesting one.
Also given DVCMC totally control the DVC club, which every member of DVC 1 gets auto membership of by apertuance of their ownership, and given that DVCMC are duty bound to act wholly in the interest of their members who pay DVCMC, why haven't DVCMC insisted if DVD want DVC 2 to trade into DVC 1 (after all that is a necessity for buyers of DVC 2 direct so DVC 1 has all the cards) then all of DVC 1's members get access to DVC 2?
Of course I may be wrong about this structure totally, but I'm waiting to see.