View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
For downstairs you require a 2 gang 2 way switch. A two way switch can be wired as a one way switch (but a one way switch can't be wired as a 2 way switch).

If both one gang switches upstairs operate the one light on the landing along with the downstairs switch (so 3 switches control one light) then 2 switches are 2 way and the other is an intermediate switch.

I never recommend people do this themselves for the main reason being they could potentially electrocute themeselves (or other others), and often they will mess the lights up. I would usually charge one hour's labour to do this (plus the cost of the switches if the customer doesn't supply them).

In some switches they will be 5 wires (plus an earth), and it can be easy to incorrectly wire them (I get lots of job where customers often do).
Yeah you normally get the call on a weekend when diy man/woman takes down a light fitting but can't get the lights back working due to mixing up SW and feeds😆
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List