View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
rathead
I have Ears

3 Weeks - Have We Left it Too Late!?

We have been planning to get married when we visit Orlando in August, but have not been organised and now fear it could be too late? 3 weeks -1 day in fact.

Our original plan was to apply for the licence by email, then get married on our 2nd day in Florida, most likely either at the Secret Garden in Longwood, or the Chapel of Love in Eustis. There will be only us and our 2 kids, and we want to keep it cheap, quick and informal but in pleasant surroundings!

I hadn't taken into account having to get "notaries" to sign the licence, and the additional time (& cost) this could take. Are these Notaries lawyers who you have to pay to vouch for you? Even though they don't know you? I've used a friend who's a J.P. for passports previously.

Am I right in thinking if we go to a courthouse on our first day, we don't need either notaries or witnesses? We just pay the $100 odd fee and sign the papers and we are then ready to get married the next day?

I'm going to contact both venues anyway, but I know Dibbers are always very helpful and some of you have been through practically identical processes.

Any help gratefully received!
rathead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List