View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Kev. I am a died in the wool Virgin supporter and absolutely adored their 747 aircraft and all classes of seats having experienced them all.
I supported them throughout this pandemic and wish their loyal staff nothing but the best regarding employment and for the future.

However their prices are absolutely insane at the moment. Now I know they have to accommodate all those booking with vouchers but when I see 2 seats return in UC for £8K+ and the same in BA for 4K+ I am at a loss for words.

So I look at PE and albeit it's not those eye watering prices it's still with a similar price gap as above to BA.

Today I sent a Text to VA asking a very important question. 12 hours later I am still awaiting a reply.

Tomorrow I will be booking my October trip with BA as their price sits well with me. My motto is very clear, you snooze you lose so yet again for all my trips next year apart from one VA have lost out on price and on ease of contact.

Before people say BA don't answer the phone well my experience is yes they do.

I book on price, ease of contact and reliability. Virgin always had this but I cannot and will not accept being ripped off and ignored.
They have been amazing for us until the last flight we took, where they made the mistake of breaking numerous disability laws with one person who knows his law around discrimination.

We settled on £1k - I could have taken them for lots more, but I remembered how they looked after my son before.

But the prices are crazy. Couldn’t care less about alcoholic drinks or biscuits. I just want to get there in comfort.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List