View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Over the Hill and Sailing Away March 2017 Day 15 We Did Nothing

Not an inviting title for Day 15 but it is true, today we did nothing. Well we did get out of bed, quite late mind you. I did have plans for Animal Kingdom but there was excitement about who was playing in the last golf groups at the Masters so looked like Derek wasn't planning on budging and was happy to sit in front of the TV, the rest of the family were quite happy to laze about too so with the actual conclusion of the golf competition expected to be at 7.30ish I cancelled the Animal Kingdom fastpasses and changed them to tomorrow. And just a tip here, as I had plenty of time at the pool to do this, at this late point I couldn't seem to get fast passes for all four of us for the Rivers of Light show so I tried booking us in one at a time and that worked for us all! It was a glorious sunny day so I lay by the pool, Katie swam in the pool, Murray came out now and again then went back in when he felt like it, as did Derek between golf breaks. I seem to have taken the sum total of one photo! In the photo Katie is armed with both water guns threatening to soak me if I don't put down my iPad and play with her so I did give in and get in the pool at that point. We ate everything that we had lying about in the villa for breakfast and lunch which consisted of toast, cereal and milk for breakfast (I had the rest of my mushed up cheesecake, not very healthy for breakfast but delicious) For lunch I made crisp sandwiches, Katie had banana instead of crisps on hers, and we kept munching all day on pretzels, popcorn and sweeties. For diner I ordered Buffalo Wild Wings online and Derek ran out in the car to collect. Sergio Garcia won the Golf which Derek was pleased about and we had a few beers and proseccos to celebrate (Not the kids, I might have been a pretty lazy Mum today but I'm not that bad!). I think we were all the better for the total do nothing day. This normally would drive me crazy in Florida with so much to do on our doorstep but it was just what we needed.

Tomorrow we visit Animal Kingdom after a lovely lunch/dinner at Saana.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List