View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 14 - VB/US/IOA, NBC Sports Grill & Bar and Cowfish

It was our final full day, so the plan was to go to all three Universal parks and go back to our favourite restaurants of the trip.

After a morning at Volcano Bay, first on the food list was NBC Sports Grill & Bar which we had been to on the evening a couple of days previously, but which we thought we would try out for lunch this time. We had loved our starters so much last time that we tried them again on this day but as our main meal whilst sitting outside on the terrace. We therefore had the Wisconsin fried cheese bites and the black and blue kettle chips:

As we learnt last time, these were big portions so we didn’t need anything else for lunch, but we did have to stop by at Voodoo Doughnuts once more before the end of the trip. I had the Dirt again, whilst the OH tried the Voodoo Doll. I didn’t try this as it has jam in the middle and I hate jam, but he said that it was much better than the Butterfinger he’d had earlier in the trip - I think probably because this was a yeast donut rather than a cake one! Although it didn’t quite look as much of a perfect doll as photos from others have looked...!

Here’s a quick photo of the spinning donut wheel they have when you enter the shop in case useful:

After a sad last trip to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, we decided to hit Cowfish for our final dinner. Although the OH didn’t make the best choice with his meal here last time, he had seen some other menu options he liked the look of and I enjoyed my food here last time too.

On this occasion, we managed to snag a seat on the terrace outside which was lovely. We were tired so no cocktails this time around though. I ordered the calamari we had as a starter last time as my main, along with some parmesan bacon truffle fries. These were really good:

The OH ordered the High Class Hillbilly ‘Southern Style Bar-B-Q-Shi’ which was pulled pork, caramelised onion and BBQ sauce, wrapped in potato and flash fried, topped with housemade bacon coleslaw and chives.This was amazing and both of us ended up sharing it...! It tasted a bit like a burger or pulled pork sandwich but just with a different texture; we will 100% go back and order this on our next trip.

Despite being full, afterwards we decided to quickly try out Cold Stone Creamery which we had heard really good things about. We got a small pot of the Cake Batter flavour which was lovely and we just about finished it. We probably shouldn’t have ordered it as we were so full but needs must on your last day...!

Edited at 07:36 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Disneymoon - Disneyland CA & Hawaii