Thread: To DSLR or Not
View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ASCollins View Post
Personally I can't see why you wouldn't take it?!
I am dad of 2 young children (5 and 2) and am taking DSLR with multiple lenses and speedlight, a handheld video camera and an action camera for on ride videos/pool time.

I know it's seen as overkill by some and not 'enjoying the moment' but for me I want to capture that moment forever. The speed and quality of the DSLR allows me to capture a look, a glance, a tiny momentary detail that a point and shoot just can't do (without a lot of luck).
Yes I will have a lot to carry and yes my wife will tell me to put the camera down and pay attention but when we get home and from 1,000 photos there is one of those extra special moments I won't regret it at all!
I don't take my DSLR to the parks anymore but I do have some wonderful pics of Florida, especially those taken early morning during the first week when I can't stay in bed past 04:30. I left my camera at home one year and felt lost without it. My family think i'm sad.

Dave

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List