View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Day 2

We were up early again and wanted to hit the outlets, but as they didn’t open until 8am we had time to eat. When planning I didn’t realise we had a breakfast inclusive rate so was thinking about going to Denny’s; however DH objected to spending money when we had free food (watch this space for later though!) so off to the breakfast room we went!

It was a small area but there was a good selection. I had strawberry yogurt with granola, grapes and melon, then eggs, sausage and a hash brown, but they also had cereal, grits, pancakes and bagels. It was all fresh too, but not particularly hot. They also had a selection of fruit juices and tea/coffee. I enjoyed what I ate. DH refused to let me take pics of his breakfast, spoilsport!

We got to the outlets shortly before they opened, the security guard was checking where everyone was going before directing you to park but we got a space easily. We spent a happy 2.5 hours shopping, then headed back to the hotel for a nap and more Pringles.

After a brief rest, we decided to head to the Mall at Millenia. When we passed the food court we saw Haagen Dazs were selling peppermint bark ice cream. I developed an addiction to peppermint bark when we last visited Florida during thanksgiving (I make my own at home every year now) so I was set on having the limited edition dazzler sundae. DH was happy to share it too!

It was delicious! And just under $8.

After yet more shopping and the purchase of two bundt tins for my home baking, we headed to Super Target across the road. When we didn’t buy anything, we knew we were finally shopped out and decided to head for dinner!

We went to Chili’s on Apopka-Vineland (after stopping at the one on International Drive, which was busy and didn’t look all that clean, which made me uncomfortable). We were seated immediately and promptly ordered what we always order at Chili’s.

First up: more holiday margaritas! It was happy hour 241 and as I am the designated drinker for this point of the holiday, I had to oblige...

DH’s designated driver Coke sneaked into my pic! We then shared chips and guacamole (a server at Chili’s once explained to me that since it also comes with salsa, ordering this is the way to get guacamole for free, rather than just ordering the chips and salsa than adding guacamole later - I’ve never forgotten LOL).

For entree I ordered bacon ranch chicken quesadilla, and I surprised myself by eating all of this, as it was a huge portion as usual.

Husband ordered his usual chicken crispers, although he went plain crispy this time while he normally goes for honey-chipotle. He really enjoyed these too, I tried one and it was nice and crispy.

DH took this photo and I’m not sure how committeed he is to this dining report yet...

Anyway as our meal was on the 2 for $25 menu, all of the above came to just over $33 and we left $40 to include a tip. To me, that’s a really delicious bargain!

Back to the hotel and I was too stuffed for snacks, but DH produced a Twix from somewhere and scoffed it before I could get a pic. And that’s day 2 done! On day 3 - we move to DDP and (spoiler alert) it takes some getting used to...

Edited at 02:06 PM.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List