Thread: Puppy day
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
We didn’t like puppy pads , also that seems to take longer to train that way.
Like the idea that we / poo etc is down outside and outside only not on a pad in house .
We used puppy pads for 1 night and then sacked off that idea.

We put a bell on the door (our old lab used to knock the door to say he wanted out) and every time woody touched the bell we rewarded him, put him outside and said “go wees”. Toilet trained really well and uses the bell to let us know he needs to go out ❤️ Even when he was staying st my house and my sisters, he used the bell.

We didn’t take him out every half an hour. You learn when they’re gonna go very quickly, after a nap, after food, after play, etc etc but we didn’t take him out every half hour. He is also crate trained and is in his crate during the day as we work. My sister goes to mum and dads at lunch time for an hour and lets him out. Dads self employed so it home at random times and my fiancé works shifts. So between us there’s loads of help.

Make sure he does get used to being left in the crate when you’re not there because otherwise you may struggle when you have to go out to the shops/out for dinner etc. Always start young .

We had a person in our puppy group that refused to leave them in the crate because someone would always be home. Obviously there came a time when not everyone was home the the dog really really struggled.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List