Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All work and no play! Not likely! Day 16 - Sunshine and shopping

Day 16 - May 15th

Up at 7am, nothing changes!

We breakfast on toast and marmalade and decide to head to the Florida Mall, my cousin is getting married in August and we both need an outfit!

After yesterday’s rain it’s a gorgeous morning, lots of moaning about the weather on FB but really we had a day of rain yesterday and today is perfect - so far!

We get to the Mall at exactly 10am, the I4 was pretty good this morning. We did call for gas at Champions Gate on the way. Incidentally they have th3 cheapest gas in the area, we paid $2.59 a gallon this morning, most places are $2.76ish.

Richard finds trousers for the wedding in the first shop, good start.

I buy a Nemo for the Dory bedroom!

A Starbucks is consumed!

We wander round and while Richard is in the restroom I stroll into White House, Black Market, I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not!

I find the most gorgeous dress! It’s expensive!

Richard ventures in and has a seat, they have big black velvet seats for people to wait.

I try the dress on, the staff are really helpful bringing me other things to try. No need, I love the dress! Richard says it looks lovely! 😳(not the sort of thing he usually says)

The dress is $200!😳

I give her my email address and save 20%!

I’m going to have to come back to this later guys, my iPad is about to die! See you in a bit!

Ok I’m back, been lying in the sun all afternoon!

So we nipped into Bath and Body Works for a pumice stone and some scrubs and then headed for the food court.

Does anyone else think you don’t actually need to buy anything? Just walk round and eat the free samples!

We did buy something! Two lots of Bourbon Chicken, Orange Chicken with half noodles and half rice, we shared a drink, the total was $22.

We head off home and sit by the pool, it takes two of us to blow up my inflatable Toucan that my lovely friend Claire (Clairey Fairy8) bought over for me!

There are a few worms in the pool due to all the rain! No idea why they should all want to drown themselves!

After about an hour or so we can hear thunder rumbling round, eventually the clouds roll in and we dive indoors as it starts to lash down.

Tonight we are meeting friends at the Boathouse, my MIL gave us the money for this meal as a Richard had to run her back and forth to the hospital earlier in the year when my FIL had a cancer op.

We park in the Orange garage, it’s pretty busy down here.
Remember where we parked!

We end up in Jock Lindsay’s for Cocktails.

A Fountain of a Youth and a Mojito are $23. Our friends Debs and her lovely daughter Kelly meet us.

Don’t be fooled by the clouds, it’s really warm!

We head over to the Boathouse and are seated immediately. I called on Sunday and changed the reservation from 2 guest to 4 but they have no record of that it seems!

Yummy bread is bought, it’s so light and fluffy!

To start we choose to share Calamari and Beef Carpaccio, both are amazing.

Kelly has Swordfish, Debs has Salmon and Richard and I opt to share a Porterhouse with a side of mushrooms.

All the food is amazing, we’ve eaten here 3 times now and never had a bad meal or service.

Debs uses her Annual Pass to save 10% on the bill, with that saving I think it was just over $200.

As we leave it’s lashing down again and we’re all glad we thought to bring a brolly!

We say our goodbyes, I guess it will be a Christmas before we see them again.😢

The I4 is moving the best I’ve seen it despite the rain! Night all xx

Edited at 09:55 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List