View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
Accidentally just clicked 'book'.. 7 night Northern Europe cruise departing from Dover next August on the Magic.

Only ever sailed the Caribbean/Bahamas on the Fantasy before so any hints and tips gratefully received...I'm all a dither with excitement

Question one, though is what do we do about currency? Do we need to get a little bit for each place we visit? Is it still USD to settle accounts/tips etc on boards?

Also...have booked whitewall verandah room on deck 6 (saving £700!) having stayed in one on the Fantasy. The Fantasy was only a whitewall half way up, but having googled, the Magic is white all the way up. Would that, or a deck 5 restricted view be better? Struggling to find any photos of what restricted view looks like, besides the "secret" verandah rooms (which appear to be all gone)

Going to Copenhagen, Norway, Amsterdam and Sweden.

Haven't holidayed away from Orlando in eighteen years!
Accidents happen!
To answer your questions, yes you will need currency in each country. DCL will hold a certain amount of each currency but I definitely wouldn't bank on it as a lot of US guests use Guest Services as their own personal travel shop which means GS run out. They don't have high street or supermarket places to change up their currency like we do.
You will need lots in Norway - it is VERY expensive!

What do you mean about the whitewall? Anything that says whitewall (apart from the secret veranda rooms on the Magic/Wonder) will be white and solid up to the top, so waist or chest height depending on how tall you are.

Which room do you have, that would give me a better idea of how to advice.

Joa