View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
This didn't happen to everyone but there were several ways to avoid it which might be useful for the future (as this happens a lot with US hotels and restaurants also).

One was to pay in cash - I believe you were alerted when your balance got to $300 and you made an appointment with Guest Services to pay the balance in cash.

Another was to use a credit card - Disney were giving 2% discount to offset some of the foreign currency fee.

We used Halifax Clarity as we have done in several countries now. No foreign currency fee, and we didn't have any pending payments.
I've selected to pay in cash but not sure how that works?!
So basically can you buy stuff in the shop with your room key card and settle the bill at the end?
And can you settle the bill with a debit or credit card or does it actually have to be cash?!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List