View Single Post
Old 5 May 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Well that has been a difficult couple of weeks.

First of all the prices being quoted were a lot higher than we were expecting, so there has been lots of back and forth planning trying to work out the optimal way of arranging the holiday. The loss of free dining for October (coupled with the need to try and keep the time the girls are out of school as low as possible) has made things a lot more difficult.

In the end we settled on a split stay, with a week in Port Orleans French Quarter which may yet be upgraded to OKW depending on the price differential followed by a week in a villa. I have currently increased our part of the holiday to 10 days on site so that we get a repeat of last time's 18 days. This ensures that we get the required Disney time whilst still managing to get to Busch, Kennedy and Universal.

Tonight I booked the Disney part of the trip (via Quidco of course), so now have 1 room for 10 nights from the 10th October and 2 rooms for 7 nights from the 14th. Including park tickets and full dining plan.

Villa research is progressing and we are down to a shortlist of 3 Dibb villas, which are now with my parents & brother for review.

This has all needed a couple more changes to the plan, first of all for car hire, we will not bother with a car at all until check out day (at which point the plan is to go to the park (leaving our bags in storage at the resort), pick up the cars and then drive to the villa.

Of course this will need a different approach to the planning, with the intention to cover off all major Disney attractions in week 1 to take advantage of the 60 day fast passes. 2 days at Universal, a day at SW, DC and Busch, + a day at Kennedy in the second week. (This may still be cut back, depending on whether or not we keep the booking for the extra days).

We all agreed that there is no way one car in a villa will work, so we will have to get one each. So having satisfied the need for a giant SUV on the last trip, I fancy having a Mustang / Camaro.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List