View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 11, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
SHOPPING AND PHOTOS

You can’t really shop till you drop onboard DCL, but you can give it a good go!
On all ships, you will find a couple of shops that sell DCL/Disney branded products from soft toys to pirate outfits and from magnets to luggage.
My favourite thing to buy are the Dooney and Bourke bags, I have a thing about them and no matter how much my bank balance tells me it's not a good idea, one normally comes off the ship with me (warning - they are not cheap bags but they are beautiful!)

On the Fantasy, it now has a Tiffany store so don't forget your flexible friend if you're into jewellery in a little turquoise box! The Fantasy and the other ships sell Pandora charms exclusive to DCL too.

All ships not only sell DCL branded goods, but also everyday items that you may need, such as suncream, headache and travel sickness tablets, nappies, nail files and holdalls in case you buy too much!

On most cruises, you will have to add on a tax of some kind for your purchases. On the US cruises, add on US tax (as you would in Florida), but in the Med, you have to add on 21% for Spanish IVA tax instead. For Transatlantic cruises, no tax is due so a great reason to get booking one of those!

Tiffany store on Disney Fantasy

Random pics of the shops

Please note that all shops close while the ship is docked in a port due to US Customs regulations.

There are numerous photographers on each of the Disney ships and although none of them are professional photographers, they are able to point and shoot their cameras to catch that magical moment with the characters! The CM who accompanies each character will also be happy to take a photo with your camera, but the official photographer will NOT use your camera.
On formal nights, you will find a photographer ready to capture you in your best frock and you can also get photos taken during your dinner on some nights.
Prices are a little steep, but if you want those moments captured, it may be worth it for your family.

To check how much a photo package will be on your cruise, please visit MY CRUISE PHOTOS. This is the company who run the photography on board DCL. If the link asks you for your ressie number, just put in any 8 digit number for now, but please ensure you put your correct one in when you come to order it. (Thanks to DeeSlack for the info above).

Pre-ordering gets you a discount and if you don't like any of the photos once you see them, you can cancel the package for a refund.

Edited at 12:59 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List