View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 16, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 2 (Andy's Birthday ): John's Pizzeria

260 W. 44th Street

When researching New York restaurants John's seemed to pop up quite often and the Time's Square converted church location looked quite pretty so I added it onto the list.

I was expecting a wait when we turned up as we hadn't booked but we were shown to a two top table upstairs on the balcony. Again there were fairy lights throughout which gave a lovely festive feel.

Our server scared me a bit (a lot ) she was your typical brash New Yorker who took no prisoners, actually to the point of being a bit rude. Thankfully not to us directly as we didn't dare question her or the menu she was just sharp & abrupt to us. It's not often you feel thankful for that lol.

We ordered a large traditional to share which is just Mozarella, tomato sauce & fresh herbs. This was 8 slices for $18.50. You can then add on any topping that you like from a list.

We had from memory - chicken, garlic & mushrooms.

It was a lovely thin base and really delicious. A knife & fork job really as it was a bit on the floppy side. We took a couple of slices to go as it was huge!

The food & setting were great but the server made me a bit uncomfortable. I'm not sure I would rush back as there are so many other places I wanted to try but didn't get round to.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List