View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Day 3: Heartland Brewery

Port Authority Bus Terminal branch - 625 8th Ave.

We didn't have time for breakfast as we had to hot foot it over to Bryant Park before the ice rink got too busy.

I skated on my own as Andy has never done it before and didn't want to chance breaking his arm (he is a tradesman so wouldn't be able to work if he hurt himself). Well that's his excuse anyway, chicken.

It was fun. I wonder which one was me

After skating & pretty much bang on midday we headed over to Heartland Brewery near the Port Authority bus terminal. I'd seen it in a few food reports on the Dibb so really wanted to try it.

We sat in the bar area at the front.

A couple of drinks to start.

This was the Pitch Fork punch & very nice it was.

Bacardi Rum, Bacardi Black Razz, Amaretto, Orange, Pineapple & Cherry.

We shared some nibbles from the appetizer menu for lunch. I don't know why we never seem to eat a proper meal each?

Buffalo chicken wings.

These were good & had a great kick but very messy. It was a bit embarrassing sat at the bar with buffalo sauce in your eyebrows!

Tater Tots (with bacon & cheese!)

These were amaze balls (pun intended) Why did we have to share?! They literally lasted seconds. Crispy with fluffy potato inside, gorgeous cheese & bacon flavour. A taste sensation! ()

Edited at 10:56 AM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List