View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Day 4 continued

We left the park just after 12:30 and were wanting some food. Stopping at the food trucks, where we sat on the wall to tuck in.

I sat in bird poo so managed to use water and napkins to sort it out. Phew

We could see the queue for the Muyseum of Natural History was absolutely huge but joined it anyway.

Took ages to get in and through security, but once we were inside it was crazy.

The queue inside was even worse but when we mentioned Explorer passes they pointed us down a different queue and we got straight in!

We were really impressed by how much these passes had helped us all in all.

Once in we went to the Asian people exhibit which we walked through and appreciated. Arron took a lot of photos but i've only put a couple here.

From here we headed to the second floor to the animal exhibit.

I feel like these exhibits have been used in films but can't place exactly when.

We wanted to see the dinosaurs...who doesn't! We found all the crowds on the 4th floor with those skeletons.

There was a dinosaur area closed off which was a shame, but some of the viewable ones were really cool.

We left the museum just after 3pm as it was busy and we had walked alot around there.

Arron said we could go to Levain to get a cookie which I was soooo excited for.

We chose the one on W74th street and there was a queue when we got there
Ended up waiting about 10 minutes so I got 2 cookies to make up for it.

It was still busy when we left with cookies in hand, pretty bizarre to see such madness for cookies.

We walked from here in the direction of our hotel so around 34 blocks down.

It was another lovely walk in a pretty, residential area.

We stumbled across the Lincoln Centre which is another Ghostbusters location. So we took a few photos and continued our walk.

The decision was made to stop somewhere for a drink so we went to Buffalo Wild Wings but there were no seats at the bar, same in an Irish pub we found. So we finally sat in TGI Fridays.

This was a weird set up as it felt a lot more 'local' than a chain place so we wondered if it might be a franchised restaurant.

We also bought bus tickets to the airport while in here(on my phone).

We settled up and walked to TOTR, the street market was still on and very busy now.

We got to TOTR and had to wait for the time to tick over before heading in.

We got sent through a line which was very much like in theme parks which we found odd compared to our previous ESB/SOL experiences.

When we did get into a lift, the ceiling was seethrough and the lighting was changing which was funky.

The lift stops at the 69th floor but you can then go up to the 70th and 71st floors.

We took these photos on the 69th floor which all enclosed. We went to the 71st but there was no glass at all and it was very windy so we came back down quite quickly.

We stayed up on the 70th floor mainly to get a good photo of the sunset.

It was still very windy on this floor so we stayed up until 6:25 after the sun had fully set.

We got down to the ground and walked to Schnippers for dinner.

Dinner was great and afterwards we visited Dave and Busters. It was just horrible in there, manic and loud.

So we popped to Duane Reade at 8pm to get Snapple, then we watched Freddy vs Jason while eating the leftover cookie.

Started watching Nightmare on Elm Street and went to bed at 9:30.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List