View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Day Three - Jewellery and Jailtime

Up late (9am) and I made Croque Madame for a breakfast treat, it is a toasted bread basket, made in a muffin tin, filled with thinly sliced ham, an egg, bechamel sauce and topped with cheese. It was really delicious. I sprinkled a little truffle powder on each one.
We drank about ten cups of tea and coffee, then got the bus into Brighton to explore the lanes, and just get some fresh air. Wendy lady wanted a piece of jewellery to commemorate her 50th birthday, and what better place to look, jewellery shops galore, some nicer than others, some had very pushy sales people, which we didnt like. She knew that her birthstone is an Opal, and after much window shopping we eventually we found the perfect Opal ring in a tiny shop opposite what was (sadly) now closed, Choccy Woccy Doo dah. The sales girl was so lovely, not pushy, and the ring fitted Wendys finger, we had found ‘the one’!

We celebrated by having a cheeky glass of lunchtime wine, and some nibbles in the sunshine which had finally decided to make an appearance (hasnt the weather been dreadful past week or so)

Back to the house for more tea, and a donut each from the Dum Dum Donut shop, yummy. Then a swim, and a nice bath before we headed out for our night in the Cells, at Alcotraz Penitentiary...

We set off around six thirty hoping to have fish and chips on the pier, arriving to find it was closed (covid) of course, so went a bit further along the sea front to another chippy. Food was ok, not outstanding in any way shape or form but anyhoo. I am someone who prefers quality over quantity! We arrived at Cell block one three at 8pm and got taken to our cell by a very strict warden, we had to wear orange boiler suits, masks, and follow strict orders or else!

Once in our cell, we had to drink prison soup (cocktails) and repent our terrible crimes. We rebelled by singing “I want to break free” and, in tribute to bridget jones (whom i am often compared to) “ like a virgin” and got told off by the guards for ‘spreading joy’ 😂
The couple in the cell behind us said they were meant to get married this year but hadnt due to Covid so I married them, and they had their honeymoon in the prison cell, it was very romantic!

We were home by ten thirty, quick couple of card games of ‘bullsh#*t‘ and ‘Crabby Queen’ then to bed nice and early again.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List