Thread: Sickness policy
View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Sickness policy

I am unwell.
I self cert for 7 days (first 4 being my days due in work)
I then assumed that work would need a sick note so I saw my gp who wrote me one for a week. That will cover my next 5 shifts and then I have my normal 6 day rota days. But if I am still really bad I will just see my gp again.

My manager asked me to call,so I did, she asked me a lot of questions which when I am on medication an it takes me a while to formulate a sentence correctly as my head is what I call fuzzy was difficult. Even though my sick note doesn’t run out until 12/3 I still have to call in tomorrow to talk to my manager.
When I was with the agency this was never the case but now I am with the company direct they seem to like to speak every few days. I only spoke to her Thursday.

I Just feel a bit badgered really as I assume they will want to talk to me again in another 3 days.
I’m not sure why but it makes me feel worse having to keep remembering to call them to explain yet again. Which is annoying it itself when they know what’s wrong with me.

Thinking I might need to ask for OH again as maybe there is more that can be in place to help but it takes me a long time to put it in words right now.

Is this normal to have to still contact them when they have a sick note from you?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List