View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Garth and Louise's Graduation Celebration June 2017 - Day 13 - Hollywood Studios

Welcome to my trip report! The index is here, and day 12 is here.

Sunday 25th June – Day 13

We woke up to the alarm at 6.30am. I have no notes about how we’d slept so it must have been an ok nights’ sleep! We sat in bed for a bit and then got up, taking it in turns to wash and get dressed. We were leaving the room at just past 7am.

We were off to Hollywood Studios today. We had done most things there already so we were planning on having breakfast there this morning as we didn’t need to be rushing around. We got to the bus stop just gone 7 and we were on the bus by 10 past.

The morning mist had cleared by the time we arrived! Bag check was empty and we joined the queues to get in at 7.22am.

Awfully early for an 8am opening but we were hoping to get on Rock’n’Rollercoaster nice and early during Magic Hours so we could relax a bit through the rest of the day! We sat on the floor saving our leg power. We were let into the park at quarter to 8.

And were walking into the queue just before 8. I was a bit hungry having not eaten yet! We were off the ride at 8.08am but the ride picture hadn’t taken! We even pulled our rocking out faces. So we compensated by getting some photo pass pics on the way out.

Touring Plans said Toy Story was only 25 minutes so we headed over to sneak in a go before breakfast. Garth had only ever seen the fastpass queue and it is quite a cool queue. It only took 20 minutes in the end and Garth won! For once!

But look at my accuracy score! I was winning up until the ‘ring an alien’ game but he’s so good at that so he pulled it out the bag. I was positively starving by this point so we walked back to Trolley Car Café. We’d planned Starring Rolls for this morning (when I was putting together the itinerary months in advance!) but it had unfortunately closed so Starbucks it is. It was busy in there but the layout handles the crowds well and we didn’t wait long. We both ordered venti Java Chip Frappuccino’s and I got a Darth Vader cupcake while Garth got a peanut butter cupcake. It would have come to around $25 but we used 4 snack credits. We walked to Staring Rolls where the tables were still there and sat down.

This is definitely a suitable breakfast when on holiday! The cakes were delicious but we couldn’t finish them. Garth said it made him feel like Bruce from Matilda We sat for around half an hour chilling and enjoying our drinks. At 9.30 we got up and nipped to the loo before getting some photopass pics.

The queue to meet Minnie and Mickey was showing at 20 mins so off we went. Garth loves Fantasia Mickey so this was a big deal! In the queue a cast member was sending groups inside at a time and she chatted with us for a bit asking how we were. Garth was feeling a bit ill after the extravagant breakfast and the cast member found it quite funny! She said we needed a nap and told us to go back to our hotel for a swim later. Funnily enough, that was the plan! We were with Mickey and Minnie before long. Minnie first.

I told her she looked lovely and she said I did too! We were swiftly sent through to Mickey.

I got a kiss! They were very quick meets but worth it. By the time we were done our Great Movie Ride fastpass was active. We waited a few minutes and then were sent into the 2nd row. We could actually hear what was going on this time compared to our mumbly gangster the other day! We did have the gangster again, we never seem to get the cowboy. Afterwards Garth went to the loo again (I spend my life waiting for him outside loos!) and we headed to Star Tours for our 2nd fastpass of the day. En route we saw that Chip and Dale were meeting so we stopped to say hi! It was great knowing we’d done most things here so we could stop off and get distracted and not have to rush.

I fell in love with Chip, he kept holding my hand! We continued our journey to Star Tours.

My notes say that we went to Wookie land! We were sat right at the back this time and it felt a lot more wild. I love being thrown around! When we got off we still had 25 minutes until our Tower of Terror fastpass so we went to Muppet Vision. It was showing 20 mins but we pretty much walked straight on through. By the time we’d finished it was 11.30am! We went over to ToT and scanned in. In the queue I tried to book a Toy Story fastpass but I lost wifi. We didn’t wait long.

Still hate this ride I was telling Garth to look out for the Toy Story construction work during the photo but typically he was looking at me and not in the right direction! You could just about make out what looked like the new Slinky Dog coaster. I managed to book our Toy Story fastpass for later as soon as we were off.

We wanted to catch the Beauty and the Beast show but we were a tiny bit late. They let us in anyway and we were sitting down just as Belle was starting.

Belle was really good, she sounded a lot like Paige O’Hara. Garth's Mum wanted a picture of Chip so I tried my hardest during the show to get a good one!

Oh I love love
After the show we started to head out the park for our midday break. We got a bit distracted on the way out!

I love all these wedding things.

Sucker for Disney Homeware! We eventually got to the bus stop just as a bus was pulling away We waited 15 mins and another one arrived but they changed bus drivers so they had to do a load of checks on the bus etc. We pulled away at 1.10pm and were back at 1.21pm. Before heading back to the room we had a walk around the resort, there were some parts we hadn’t looked at yet.

So pretty! As we were walking to the room I realised that I’d completely forgotten to leave a mousekeeping tip this morning. We got in and luckily they hadn’t been yet. We got into our swim gear, put the tip on the table and headed down. The pool wasn’t too busy at all. We dropped our sunnies and suncream on a couple of sunbeds and got straight in. The pool was 4 foot 6 which is just perfect for me to stick my head out! It was so lovely to cool off. We messed around and went on the slide a few times. At around 2.20pm Garth got a non-alcoholic cocktail. It was called a lava smoothie and it tasted like strawberry chewits! It would have cost $5.59 but we used a snack credit. We also got some nacho cheese flavour doritos, I can’t find a price but we used a snack credit anyway. We laid on the sunbeds and chilled out, watching our room to see if mousekeeping had gone in yet. We hadn’t seen them go in but we were ready to leave the pool really so we slowly headed up anyway, taking a selfie with the dragon slide on the way up!

Sure enough they hadn’t been! I jumped in the shower while Garth tried to buy our parents some graduation tickets as they had just been released. The site wasn’t working though so we’d have to try again later! He showered next while I blow-dried my hair. As soon as Garth got out the shower mousekeeping knocked! We told them to give us 10 minutes while we got all our stuff together and got ready to leave and we were leaving the room again at around 3.10pm.

The bus came quickly. It was playing Harry Potter music on the journey! Slightly disorientating! It did make us miss Universal. We arrived at 3.35. We were hoping to get to PizzeRizzo in time before it closed at 4pm. We definitely noticed that food options were scarce in HS! We walked through the park and arrived at quarter to 4.

I chose a vegetable pizza with coke and Garth got the meat lovers pizza and a coffee. It would have cost $27.16 but we used 2 QS credits. We loved the theming in here!

We took our food upstairs and sat outside on the balcony.

It was really good pizza. While we were eating I messaged my Mum and Dad who were on holiday in Italy. They said their pizza was better! Sorry Mum but I'm in WDW so I win! From up here we could see a window across the way with a name on it.

“Abe Moskowitz”. We learned from KTTK that names on windows are usually significant but we googled it and couldn’t work out the significance of this! Any ideas?

It was pretty hot so we went back into Muppet Vision for the aircon. You know there’s not much to do in HS when you’re doing Muppet Vision twice in one day! I was quite sleepy so took the opportunity for a little rest. Garth found the key on the way in.

We realised on the way out that Garth didn’t have his sunnies. We looked around where we were sat and then looked in the glasses bins but we couldn’t see them. They were only £4 so we weren’t fussed and decided to check lost and found later. He was happy anyway!

"This is where I lost my sun glasses!"

We went to check Star Tours but there was a 30 minute wait. We checked the Frozen singalong but there was a 35 minute wait for the next show so we went to the Launch Bay.

There was a cool video and the museum was interesting. We thought maybe we’d get more from it when we’ve caught up on all the films.

Star Wars stuff always reminds me of Garth’s sister and her family- they all love Star Wars! They’ve never been to WDW but I hope the new Star Wars stuff convinces them to come, they’d love it. We spent half an hour in here and then went back to Frozen singalong. There was still plenty of space and it started soon after we sat down. There was nobody around me so I could sing to my heart’s content! The male historian said during the show “Can I just say something crazy? I hope fidget spinners stay around forever.” They like to add different jokes to keep this fresh. I put in my notes again “this is one of the best attractions ever.” I have real love for the Frozen singalong. The fastpass we booked earlier for Toy Story Midway Mania was active now so we walked over.

There was no wifi in the queue so I couldn’t book another fastpass when we scanned in. We hardly waited, and soon we were competing again!

I won but Garth says his gun wasn’t shooting properly so we’ll call it a draw. When we left and got wifi we booked a fastpass for Star Tours for 6.55pm. It was around half 6 so we went to buy our graduation hats! We left our name details for them to be embroidered and we’d come back to collect them later. They cost $51.08 and we charged it to the room. We were early for our Star Tours FP but it was only 10 minutes wait so we went on anyway. It was the best one yet, we were in the snow and nearly got stood on by an at at. My notes said “Admiral weirdo came instead of yoda, then we sonic boomed the weapon” I wonder if that makes sense to anybody apart from me? We were off at 7.15pm and then used our FP. I just have “another fun ride” written down, obviously didn’t make as much of an impression as the previous go! We went to pick up our hats next.

We have better pics later! We went to the loos and then got our spots for Disney Movie Magic. We were super early but we wanted a good view. At some point earlier we had asked a cast member where the best place was and they pointed to where there would be tape laid out and we were right at the front before a taped out walkway so there were no heads in the way. We sat down, chatted and took some pics.

We loved our hats!

After around an hour they sent a cast member to talk Disney history to keep us entertained. Because we’d done KTTK yesterday we knew it all and noticed some inaccuracies hehehe. She forgot the name of the multiplane camera so I put my hand up and she gave me a sticker!

Eventually it was 9pm and dark and the show began so we all stood up. Disney Movie Magic was cool, they’re really pushing the projection shows but I can’t deny that it works well.

I loved when they Disney castle came up at the end.

It was cool to have old movies like Tron in it too. We did take a ton of pics but most of them are rubbish! The Disney history cast member came back for 10 mins. We could see lightning so we popped our ponchos on just in case. Our spot for the fireworks made it worth getting there so early, the big gap in front meant we could see it all. The fireworks were so clever and I just didn’t know where to look, there was so much going on! Even as someone who’s not a Star Wars fan, they were fantastic. Once they had finished we joined the hordes of people heading towards the exit. We joined a queue at lost and found to ask for Garth’s sunnies. It felt awful just asking for black sunglasses, obviously they have tons! We found a pic and the lady came back with 3 pairs of black sunglasses. Garth told a slight fib and just took the plainest ones and said they were his! We felt bad but I’m sure there are so many sunglasses left each day, and they weren’t designer ones or anything. Stolen goods in hand we left the park around 9.40pm to see a gigantic queue for the bus stop. They had combined the FQ and Riverside stop tonight. A bus came at 10pm, then another at 10.30pm. No room for us though. While we were waiting there was stunning lightning in the sky but no rain. Because the queue was out of the barriers people were pushing and cutting. Garth and I had to really assert ourselves to make sure nobody pushed in front of us! We saw another bus while we were waiting serving Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk. I wonder what was going on because it was absolutely crazy, surely that's not normal. We watched all the busses enviously while we waited and waited. I felt so sorry for those with little ones- we’d been waiting over an hour and we were pooped, I can’t even imagine how kids and their parents must have been feeling! It was pretty ridiculous. At 22.47pm another bus arrived. Everyone cheered as we crammed onto the bus as tightly as we could. The bus went to Riverside first, and as we stopped, NOBODY got off Cue lots of frustrated parents shouting at the driver “why didn’t you check”. Just one of those things though, it wasn't the driver's fault. We got moving again and then somebody shouted “Riverside”. Well we’re not going back now! The bus finally arrived at FW at 11.11pm, 90 minutes after we walked out the park. No idea what was going on that night but we were glad to be home! We got straight into bed and crashed.

Tomorrow we go back to Epcot and have a proper trip around the World Showcase!

Steps today: 19118

Edited at 08:32 PM.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List