View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The DVC villas at Grand Floridian are much nicer than the hotel rooms- why would you want a hotel room? I also would not pay for dining plan either- simply is not worth it- hardly any DVC owners buy it- just put that money in an account and you will likely come home with quite a bit left, generally eating what you want.
Out Building like a shed? Have you seen it? Has one of the most luxurious lobbies of any Disney hotel- smaller of course. The DVC villas are very nice here.
It is a no brainer for me- rent the DVC and do not pay for the dining plan.

Watch this- the building is adjacent to the main building under a covered walkway-

I would personally go for the DVC Grand Villa
Thanks for that - I am at work so can't see You Tube stuff but will have a watch at home.

It's the words 'Out Building' that made me chuckle as I have an imagine of a shed or stable block as that's what they usually say on programmes like 'Escape to the Country'. I have walked round the Grand Floridian and no shed type places there.

Good idea about saving the DDP money separately. DH just likes the thought of DDP. We have had free DDP before and DH tends to eat what he wants whereas if we pay for meals he looks at the price and bases his food choice on the cost.

Looks like the DVC points are the way to go. There was such a difference in price I thought I was missing something and there was a big downside to the villas there which I hadn't spotted.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 03:03 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List